Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just me

The first time I ever saw the movie Forrest Gump I was too young to understand why he started running and couldn't stop.

I get it now.

Distraught, confused, heartbroken, restless, angry, dismayed. So he ran and ran and ran and ran.

I want to run. I want to pull all my hair out. I want to throw myself on the floor like a child who didn't get that .99 cent toy in the checkout line. I want to give up. I want to quit. I want to shut down.

But I won't do it this time. I quit once before but I'm better and stronger now. I will make it.

I am no longer living this life to please anyone else. I've spent my entire life trying to make everyone happy. It's my turn. All my energy goes to me. Call me selfish, but it's MY time.

There is no room in my life right now for insincerity, games, drama, and other people's angst.

It's all about me now.  Take it or leave it.

TAWANDAAAAAAA!!! (What movie is THIS from???)

No comments:

Post a Comment