Monday, October 3, 2011

Taking a moment

Today I felt the stirring to take a picture of something beautiful. Usually when I set out with a this kind of goal I'm disappointed.

Not today.


The lighthouse called out to me. I love lighthouses. This picture reminded me of one of my favorite quotes. I need to revisit it's meaning and apply it to my life. Do you?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.- Mark Twain


I took these pictures at the Harbor in Rockwall. There was beauty and happiness and wonder. Too much to take in.

So I just watched, and took pictures.



And reflected about the things I want but can't have while watching the sun go down.



I thought a lot about what I hope for in life...and what is meaningful to me.



I took a moment to breathe.

1 comment:

  1. It's those breaths that prove you're alive. No one else will do it for you. In all our hustle and bustle we often forget about introspection. I'm glad you've made time for it. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete